Monday, August 21, 2006

I came across a quote

I was reading through something--and I came across a quote that encouraged me to "hold to the rod" while I was in high school struggling with all of the worldly pressures that confront teenagers. I know the pressures will even be more difficult when my daughters are teenagers, so I am constantly focusing on building their self-esteem, their testimonies of truth, and their ability to have faith in God.

This quote reminded me of what I wanted to be as I grew into womanhood. It's neat to look back as I now feel these same desires for my little ones!

It's from Ezra T. Benson from 1986. . . He was the prophet during most of my childhood :)

"Yes, give me a young woman who loves home and family, who reads and ponders the scriptures daily, who has a burning testimony of the Book of Mormon. Give me a young woman who faithfully attends her church meetings, who is a seminary graduate, who has earned her Young Womanhood Recognition Award and wears it with pride! Give me a young woman who is virtuous and who has maintained her personal purity, who will not settle for less than a temple marriage, and I will give you a young woman who will perform miracles for the Lord now and throughout eternity. . . Now I would like to say a final word to the mothers and to the leaders of these wonderful young women. Mothers, stay close to your daughters. Earn and deserve their love and respect. Be united with their father in the rearing of your children. Do nothing in your life to cause your daughters to stumble because of your example. . . .Teach your daughters to prepare for life’s greatest career—that of homemaker, wife, and mother. Teach them to love home because you love home. Teach them the importance of being a full-time mother in the home."

I am so thankful for my two little girls (even though Annastyn is going through a 'difficult' stage right now). Every day I try to take one more step towards making right choices so that my daughters will have a good example. We have a lot of life left--we will see where it takes us!

Happy Family Home Evening.

Brittan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home